Friday, July 29, 2011

There's a party going on in my stomach...

...that's how my son responded when I asked him how he had liked his favorite egg sandwich that I had made for him. I laughed when he said that and like all of us mothers who think the world is at their feet when their little one)or big one for that matter) does something they think is either oh so smart, oh so cute, oh so good, oh so out of this work, oh so rocket scientistic etc etc even if it is something like burping on their own - I thought the same. What a witty intelligent kid this handsome kid (yes once again belong to the category of mom's who think their son is the best looking kid ever) is! I was smiling ear to ear, ready to record in the blog of how no other kid can come close to my Einstein, Salman Khan(looks only pls...without the height impediment of course), Sachin Tendulkar(without the height impediment again ...gosh why are all our heroes in the 'shuru hothe hi khatam ho jaate category') rolled into one.

Later I hear Shaggy (of Scooby-Doo fame) saying something similar. All my good intentions of bragging and repeating the story about 5 times to everyone who is remotely connected to me in any way were punctured sparing them the agony of pretending to share my enthusiasm and most importantly agreeing with me. *Sigh*.
Then a brilliant idea hits me. I should just take another approach - how he so intelligently picks up the best thing to say - how witty he is - how smart, how very....you get the point? ;-)

1 comment: