Friday, July 29, 2011

TGIF

It's friday! Yaaay! Like the millions of others who work a job to feed the paapi pet, I rejoice when the best day of the week Dawns. There is a spring in the step and enthu in the outlook as you tackle Friday knowing well that the end of it all you will be rewarded with a couple of days that you don't need to think about a lot of things you mostly don't want to think about most of the time. Work being foremost amongst them. There was a time I used to enjoy my work - love doing what I did - tackling new problems - working out best solutions and knowing that I was good at what I did. I still do some of the times, but most of the times I see myself waiting to wiggle out of it. Maybe it is working from home Syndrome - wherein you find yourself taking a lot breaks and also feel like you are working almost all the time to make amends for the breaks taken. There is always something left to do. And I have lately not been liking it that somewhere lurking in my brain is the module I needed to finish but did not get time to test thoroughly. I know some of us can just put niggles aside and get on with life, but unfortunately me not being one of them, I find myself worrying about it unconciously all the time. I could be most happy if I did not have work to worry me and I keep thinking how wonderful it would be to not work at all. Maybe not as fun as I am making it out to be. I do enjoy the challenge that work provides, the discipline it requires and the neccessity to learn new things. (which I would not do otherwise for sure). Left alone with nothing, I do feel the mind resembles a devil's workshop but at the same time the possibilities it presents is exciting. I know I am going to explore that route but for now there are miles to go before I sleep - so I will just keep counting them knowing that they are going down - mile by significant mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment